Recording professionals around the world rely on
M-Audio Studiophile reference monitors for exceptional sonic accuracy. The
Studiophile BX5a Deluxe monitors update M-Audio's bestsellers with new
waveguides and enhanced driver integration for a cohesive and refined sound.
The 5" low-frequency driver cones are crafted from Kevlar, an extremely
resilient material. Curved cone design coupled with high-temperature voice
coils and damped rubber surrounds deliver excellent fidelity and durability.
The 1" waveguide-loaded, high-frequency drivers are made of magnetically
shielded silk domes for a crisp top end that's gentle on the ears. 70-watt
bi-amped power and expertly tuned crossovers round out a first-rate pair of reference
monitors with a footprint small enough to fit just about anywhere.
The Studiophile BX5a Deluxe monitors update the best-selling M-Audio BX5a system with a variety of enhancements. The updated waveguide delivers excellent imaging. A new low-frequency transducer provides well-defined bass. Custom amplifier tuning enhances the integration between the high and low frequencies, delivering refined spectral balance and a smoother response. An elegant new industrial design completes the package.
M-Audio's Studiophile BX5a Deluxe monitors employ Kevlar for low-frequency driver construction. Kevlar's high mechanical and thermal resilience makes it ideal for use in speaker cones. M-Audio's engineers also created a curved conical design that improves room dispersion. High-damping reliable rubber surrounds provide percussive musical bass, and also ensure that the cone reaches its optimal excursion for accurate reproduction.
Silk-dome, waveguide-loaded, high-frequency drivers
M-Audio's high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter the high Q ringing that's inherent in the poorly crafted metallic materials commonly found in other monitors. In addition, M-Audio's waveguides refine the high-frequency response. M-Audio's FerroFlow technology uses ferrofluid liquid cooling to dissipate heat for maximum efficiency and extended usage.
Active monitors have a distinct advantage over unpowered monitors because the built-in power amps are designed to work with the drivers and crossovers in a tuned system. Bi-amplification further refines the concept by dedicating separate power amps to the highs and lows. Combined with a finely tuned crossover, this design insures that both the high- and low-frequency drivers are asked to deliver only the frequencies they are most efficient at reproducing.
Rear-ported cabinet design
The BX5a Deluxe monitor's cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance - right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. Custom rear-port design audibly reduces the turbulence and resulting distortion caused by poorly designed ports.
Magnetically shielded for desktop use
Unchecked, the electromagnetic waves emanating from your speakers can wreak havoc with your computer's video monitor or a nearby TV. The Studiophile BX5a Deluxe monitors are magnetically shielded so all of your electronic equipment can coexist on your desktop without interference.
- Two-way studio reference monitors
- Deluxe edition delivers extended low-frequency response and refined sound
- 70 watts of distributed power
- 5" low-frequency drivers with: curved Kevlar cones, high-temperature voice coils, damped rubber surround
- 1" high-frequency drivers with: natural silk domes, integrated waveguides, magnetic shielding
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs
- Power indicator
- Volume control
- Frequency response: 56Hz-22kHz
- Crossover frequency: 3kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 40 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 30 watts
- Signal-to-noise: >100dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: positive signal at + input produces outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20k Ohms balanced, 10k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: factory programmed for either 115V 50/60Hz, 230V50/60Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, Turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: vinyl laminated MDF
- Size (H x W x D): 9.84" 6.92" x 7.87",(250 x 176 x 200 mm)
- Weight: 11.02Lb., (5.0 kg/unit)
M-Audio Studiophile BX5a
- รหัสสินค้า: M-Audio Studiophile BX5a
- สถานะสต๊อก: 1
ป้ายกำกับ: M-Audio Studiophile BX5a