The M-Audio EX66 is a professional, high-resolution
active reference monitor using an MTM (midrange-tweeter-midrange) design for a
wide sweet spot and minimized room reflection. It features dual 6" custom
linear-piston woofers that are highly durable and offer exceptional definition
and precision. A 1" titanium-dome tweeter produces smooth transparency
without high-frequency smearing. Onboard DSP handles cabinet resonance tuning
and crossover optimization to enhance incredibly accurate frequency response.
Digital inputs compatible with up to 24-bit/192kHz signals and high-impedance
balanced analog inputs insure that your signal path is clean.
The M-Audio EX66 studio monitor uses a midwoofer-tweeter-midwoofer (MTM) vertical array configuration to provide optimal imaging. Traditional 2-way speaker designs can cause significant early reflections from consoles, floors, and ceilings, resulting in coloration and smeared details in the audio. In the M-Audio EX66 monitor's MTM design, the interaction of the two large drivers with the tweeter serves to channel the sound into a much narrower vertical pattern, thereby eliminating many of these reflection problems. The design simultaneously provides a large, coherent horizontal radiation pattern, giving you a much wider sweet spot.
Unique low-frequency drivers
The M-Audio EX66 woofers use proprietary linear-piston technology to minimize driver break-up modes and inertial effects. These drivers have exceptional intrinsic damping characteristics with absolutely no frequency response peaks or resonances in the audible band. They provide truly linear pistonic action over the entire musical spectrum, bringing all portions of each musical transient into correct alignment and revealing more of music's subtle details. As an added bonus, they can withstand extreme temperatures, moisture, humidity, sunlight, and salt without deterioration.
The 1" tweeter sounds as smooth as it looks. Titanium is known in the aerospace industry for its high tensile-strength-to-weight ratio and its resistance to corrosion. The M-Audio EX66 tweeter is crafted from titanium in order to create a stiff, yet responsive piston that moves natural resonant modes well above the 20kHz audible threshold. This allows the tweeters to reproduce every nuance of musical detail with crisp, transparent accuracy without any high-frequency energy smearing or the harshness sometimes associated with rigid high-frequency drivers. The titanium tweeter is a natural complement to the M-Audio EX66 speaker's low-frequency drivers, providing smooth, coherent reproduction over the entire audio band.
Noise-free bass-reflex port
Many loudspeaker enclosures use a port to form a Helmholtz resonator to improve bass response. In some ported speakers, however, this has the side effect of audible friction noise from air moving in and out of the enclosure. Not so with the M-Audio EX66 monitors. M-Audio engineers developed a dual-flanged rear-cabinet port to minimize the vibrations normally generated by low-frequency signals. This custom port is extremely efficient in its air transfer characteristics and is virtually noise-free. Rear placement also prevents port turbulence from interfering with the front dispersion of the midwoofers and tweeter.
Like the other components, the M-Audio EX66 speaker enclosure has an important role in shaping the overall sonic response. In order to provide more stable performance, the enclosure is made of a special high acoustic efficiency, medium-density fiberboard (MDF), along with unique interior adiabatic foam reinforcement designed to absorb extraneous vibration, standing waves, and even extreme impact. Furthermore, the custom OptImage II waveguide on the front panel minimizes diffraction and dramatically improves stereo imaging.
All speaker cabinets exhibit resonant frequencies that color the timbre of the audio being reproduced. The extent to which they are mitigated is much of what allows critical listeners to distinguish between exceptional monitors and mediocre ones. The M-Audio EX66 audio monitors employ sophisticated on-board digital signal processing (DSP) technology to eradicate all resonances and tune the cabinet with exceptional precision. The M-Audio EX66 monitors also use DSP filters to achieve its precise and maximally flat 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley crossover for the smoothest transition between the high and low driver frequency ranges.
The M-Audio EX66 speakers use two separate 100W PWM power amplifiers to drive the 4-ohm woofer combination and 4-ohm tweeter separately in an audiophile-quality bi-amp structure. The ultra-low distortion at 200W per channel rounds out the M-Audio EX66 monitor's profile as a truly world-class active loudspeaker monitor.
- MTM driver configuration
- 2 - 6" custom linear-piston woofers
- 1" titanium dome tweeter
- Bi-amplified with 200W power per channel
- DSP-tuned cabinet and crossover
- XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced high-impedance analog inputs
- S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- OptImage II high-frequency wave guide
- Acoustic Space control
- Custom-designed MDF cabinet
- Quiet dual-flange rear port
- Internal damping foam
- Type: MTM studio reference monitor
- LF Driver: two 6" custom linear-piston woofers
- HF Driver: 1" titanium dome tweeter with wave guide
- Frequency Response: 37Hz - 22kHz (-3 dB points) with passband flatness of ±0.5dB from 50Hz - 19kHz (near-field acoustic response)
- Crossover: 2.56kHz, 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley maximally flat alignment
- LF Amplifier Power: 104 watts (IHF dynamic power into 4 Ohms)
- HF Amplifier Power: 104 watts (IHF dynamic power into 4 Ohms)
- THD+N: <0.1% (@
50 watts into 4 Ohms)
Maximum SPL @ 1 meter: 109dB (115dB for a stereo pair) peak
- Analog Inputs: XLR balanced (20k Ohms), " TRS balanced (20k Ohms)
- Digital Inputs:
S/PDIF - In and Thru (75 Ohms), AES/EBU (110 Ohms), built-in phase lock
loop (PLL) to reclock incoming bitstreams with low jitter (<250 psec
p-p); S/PDIF receiver can lock to an incoming clock of up to 216kHz
Controls: Acoustic Space (full, half, quarter); Mid-Range Boost (flat, +2dB); Low Cutoff (37Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz)
- Polarity: positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input Sensitivity: -10dBV pink noise at input yields 90dB SLP (c-weighted) @ 1 meter; variable
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Indicator: power on/off indicator on front panel
- Power Requirements: user selectable for 100V 50/60Hz, 115V 50/60Hz and 230V 50/60Hz
- Cabinet: painted high acoustic efficiency MDF
- Dimension: 482.6 mm (H) x 209.6 mm (W) x 241.3 mm(D); 19 inches (H) x 8.25 inches (W) x 9.5 inches (D)
- Weight: 11.18 kg/monitor (without packing); 24.65 lbs/monitor (without packing)
- รหัสสินค้า: M-Audio EX66
- สถานะสต๊อก: 1
ป้ายกำกับ: M-Audio EX66